11.10.2009

A "Me" Day

Tomorrow is Veteran's Day, which means I have a day off work in the middle of the week.  Wednesday is also the day Mackenzie and Addison stay with my mother-in-law, which is pretty much the only time she gets to spend with them on a regular basis.  So....I decided to do something I have not done much at all since the girls were born....I'm going to have some ME time. 

When they get up in the morning, I will be taking the girls to NiNi's house, then coming back home to spend several glorious hours ALONE.  Am I a terrible mother for being very excited about that??  (Just so you know, I'm kidding-I'm actually a proponent of getting a little time away every once in awhile!)  I have left the babies with family to go shopping or run errands, and Jeremy and I have been on a couple (as in TWO) dates since they were born, but truthfully, I'm pretty sure this will be the first time I have had a few hours to myself with no expectations of getting any sort of task accomplished and no plans to be anywhere. 

What am I going to do with this blissful, unscheduled time?  Most likely, I will end up back on the couch, in my pajamas, watching some tv.  (Hard to believe that less than a year ago, I spent an entire day on the couch watching Bones for 14 hours straight) I might even get ambitious and watch one of the netflix I've had laying around for going on three months now. If I'm not too busy being incredibly lazy, I might pick up a long-neglected craft project that I haven't had a chance to work on since the girls arrived.  That probably won't actually happen, though...I'm pretty sure I will be a couch potato all morning, and I will enjoy every single minute.  Sometime after lunch, I will go get my babies and I will kiss and smooch and squeeze them because I missed them SO MUCH all morning long.  : )
What would YOU do with a day to yourself??

5 comments:

  1. Aww, enjoy it! Ive been thinking about finding a sitter once a month, just for some alone time! Just a few hours...to clean my house first. Then like you...lay on my couch and not worry about who will cry first. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just enjoy your day! I don't think that is something wrong, so do it.

    I think in three years Pablo and I spend like 3 time alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sleeping, pedicure, massage, reading.............

    enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those "me" days and I have one planned for tomorrow. I am doing my Christmas shopping. Enjoy your day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are NOT a bad mother for wanting you time. Its necessary in my opinion!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to respond by email, so make sure yours is connected with your profile. : )