11.03.2009

Halloween, Finally

Addison and Mackenzie's first Halloween was pretty low-key, but that's pretty typical for Halloween in my family.  It's never really been my favorite, and I was never very creative with costumes and such.  I admit, it is a little more fun to think about costumes for my sweet little girls, but instead of spending money for expensive costumes this year, we went with something already in their closet:  Alabama and Auburn cheerleaders!

Halloween 2009


I said our family costume was "A House Divided."  : )  I thought it would have been cute if I had been able to cut a house out of cardboard so that Jeremy and I could each wear half, but of course, I didn't think about it until Saturday afternoon! 

We went to a carnival at our church (a "Hallelujah Carnival," isn't that cute?), with costumes, trunk-or-treat, games, and lots of candy.  We got there a little after 6, and the girls were never really feeling it.  They would look at someone and just all of a sudden burst into tears.  I don't think it was the costumes; it had more to do with being out past their bedtime!  After an hour or so, my mom and cousin took the babies to her house to get them ready for bed.  Jeremy and I stayed for a hayride with the youth, then went to dinner at a Mexican restaurant-ALONE!  Happy Halloween to us. : )

I just realized yesterday that I only ate two pieces of candy on Halloween, and we didn't bring any home with us.  What were we thinking?!  (Wait, I know what I was thinking...I enjoy weighing less than I did when I got pregnant!!)

Mackenzie

Mackenzie says, "Roll Tide!"

Addie & JenJen

Doesn't Addison look like my mom?

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I like the family picture. And the girls look beautiful with that costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your baby who had to wear the Auburn outfit...poor thing :-( Roll Tide :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! (eventhough Addison had to wear the Auburn outfit! Ha!) Your girls are precious regardless what they are wearing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy & Missy: I know, I felt bad for poos Addison too!! : ) Next time, she will get the pretty outfit!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to respond by email, so make sure yours is connected with your profile. : )