11.05.2009

7 Months and a Surprise

Seven months...over halfway to one year...how did we get here again?  I may have said it before, but I tell all my friends that are having babies to enjoy every.single.moment.  Try to find the beauty even in the hard moments, because it truly goes by SO fast.  Everyone tells you that, but you don't really get it until you experience it with your own babies!

7 Months
Mackenzie in polka dots, Addison in the stripes.
Addison and Mackenzie are developing more and more personality every day.  They laugh and smile at everything.  Mackenzie, who has always had such a quiet, sweet voice, has suddenly taken to yelling as loudly as she can all day long.  It's not an unhappy yell, more like exercising her voice.  It's hilarious!  Addison has been yelling for awhile, but now she yells until you look at her, then she will break out a big smile because she's gotten your attention. 

Developmentally, there is a lot going on as well.  Both girls have mastered sitting alone quite well this month, and they are rolling all over the place.  Mackenzie didn't start rolling until this month, but once she did, she really took off.  They both are now pretty much tummy-sleepers, which still makes us paranoid sometimes, but they look so sweet all curled up...and it's exactly how both their daddy and I sleep, so it's to be expected.  They are eating very well-a good assortment of fruits, vegetables, oatmeal, cereal, and now we have added pureed meats to the list.  The favorite addition this month:  yogurt!  Addison especially loves it, and sometimes cries when we stop feeding her.


sleepy girls

Can you tell they just woke up?

It is so fun to watch my girls discovering each other.  You can really tell there is a bond between them.  Sometimes they just look at each other and laugh or shriek.  I love it!  There is lots of pacifier- and toy-stealing going on, with much, much more to come, I'm sure.

There was a little surprise waiting for me when I got home from work yesterday...Addison has a tooth already poking through her gum!  I was shocked.  We mentioned a few times last week that they might possibly be teething, but it's so hard to know for sure.  For some reason, while I was playing in the floor with them, I decided to check her gums to see if anything felt different.  Well, that sharp little tooth sticking out sure did feel different!  Bless her heart, she has done well with it.  She was fussy during bathtime, so I gave her a little tylenol and she went off to sleep without much of a fight.

100_1072

Seven months and a tooth...it's been a big week!  : )

2 comments:

  1. They are so big and so cute. I like their pj's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I LOVE them, they are so CUTE!

    I barely remember my twins' babyhood. A friend of mine who'd had twins before me suggested leaving a camera in an obvious place and taking pictures all the time, because it really helped as a memory aid.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to respond by email, so make sure yours is connected with your profile. : )