11.04.2011

Friday Night Five

1.  I decided to take the plunge and participate in NaBloPoMo this year.  Yep, that's the reason for my dashing out a quick post at 11:00 on Friday night!  I want to increase my post frequency to at least 3-4 per week on a regular basis, so I figure posting every day for a month is a good way to get in the habit.  Are you (officially or unofficially) participating?

2.  Jeremy and I went on a spur-of-the-moment and much-needed date tonight.  We got home around 10:40 and guess who was waiting up for us?  This is officially the latest my children have ever been up...I am hoping we can sleep til 9 or later in the morning!  At least our dinner was good.  Except for the couple at our table (it was a hibachi place, so we shared the table with other couples) who seemed to be incredibly strung out on something...that was interesting.

3.  If you live anywhere that has a football team in the SEC, you might have heard that there's this little game tomorrow...well, it's kind of a big deal.  Alabama (#2) is playing LSU (#1), and it's pretty much all the Bama fans around here have talked about for weeks.  You know we love our college football here in the South, and it's serious business.  I love this article from an LSU sports writer that explains a little about the history and tradition of Alabama Crimson Tide football.  Sample quote:  Alabama is an easy team to hate for one simple reason: they win.  They've won a lot, and it seems like they will continue to win.  Hopefully, that will include a win tomorrow night...but either way, it should be an exciting game.

4.  Still on the football topic, this article about an Alabama player who came from absolute poverty to be a star on this year's team and who will likely go on to play in the NFL next year.  I read it this afternoon at work and I couldn't stop the tears.  It's just....well, even if you don't care about football one little bit, you should read it.  I dare you not to cry.

5.  Speaking of tears, here's one more good link for weekend reading:  On Parenthood, written by tech blogger Jeff Atwood.  Sample quote:  The highs are so incredibly high that you'll get vertigo and wonder if you can ever reach that feeling again. But you peak ever higher and higher, with dizzying regularity. Being a new parent is both terrifying and exhilarating, a constant rollercoaster of extreme highs and lows. Isn't that the absolute truth?  And twin parents, I think you'll feel a bit of particular kinship for the guy when you see the bottom of his post. 

Happy weekend, and ROLL TIDE!  I'll be back to post something-or-other tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day (I hope!). 

1 comment:

  1. i suppose i'm unofficially participating since I post every day anyway :)

    Enjoy the game!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to respond by email, so make sure yours is connected with your profile. : )