9.29.2010

Why my house is always a mess...

All I can say is, thank goodness for the return of new primetime television.  I was reaching my limit on House Hunters and The Nanny reruns.  I really do love both of those shows, but if I had to watch one more cute, filthy rich, 30-year-old couple search for a million-dollar vacation home in Nicaragua, I might puke.  (Spoiler alert:  She always wants luxury; he's always concerned about price.  They usually end up 'compromising' on the house she likes best.)

There are not a lot of new shows I am excited about this season, but I am very glad to see my old favorites...

(Photo credit http://www.gleeimages.com/)

The first two episodes of the second season of Glee have been pretty outstanding, in my opinion.  Glee is definitely a 'love-it-or-hate-it' show, and I am firmly in the love-it category.  Yes, it is absurd at times, but reliving all that high school angst is a fun hour-long escape from real life.  Last night's Britney/Brittany was hilarious, and I actually got a strange look from A & M for laughing out loud during their quiet time before bed.

(Photo credit:  wikipedia.org)

Grey's has been a favorite of mine for several years now.  The show has had its ups and downs, but I will freely admit that I cry at some point during every single episode.  Last season was a pretty good one, in my opinion, but I think this season is going to be even better. 

(Photo credit:  www.tvfanatic.com)

The addition of this beautiful piece of work, Dr. Jackson Avery, certainly won't hurt my opinion of the show.  Isn't he gorgeous??  And Sarah Drew is a favorite from the Everwood days, so I am interested to see what they do with her as well.

Some more recommendations, both old and new:

(Photo credit:  amazon.com)

The Big Bang Theory  (HILARIOUS!)
(Photo credit:  tv.com)
 
How I Met Your Mother
How I Met Your Mother Pictures, Images and Photos
(Photo credit:  photobucket.com)

Parenthood

Sadly, there are a couple more shows in my weekly rotation, but these are my current favorites. 

Your turn...  What's on your must-see list this fall??

7 comments:

  1. Tv junkies around here too. :)

    Survivor
    Amazing Race
    Gossip Girl
    Modern Family
    The Middle
    The Whole Truth (great new show!)
    The Defenders (new also, love it!)
    Biggest Loser
    And then of course Football.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh!! modern family is at the top of the list. then amazing race, project runway, biggest loser, and mad men :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love The Office, Modern Family and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them all!!! I have never watched Bones though...the lead actress just annoys me. I don't know why. Love it!!! Modern Family, The Middle, and Cougar Town are awesome too. Surprise hit for me? Hawaii 5-0!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen for good TV again! We watch Community, The Office, Amazing Race, House, The Good Guys is back on Fridays! (still hilariously delicious) Modern Family, Survivor, (ugh- only cause the hubs likes it) The list goes on and on! I hope fall never ends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We canceled cable and haven't set up our receiver! I watch Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice on Hulu, and other than that, our television fixes come through Netflix!

    I turn to NPR for news, so I haven't missed television in the slightest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our favorites are:

    House
    Gossip Girl
    America's Next Top Model
    Smallville
    and yes, Football. But also baseball as the Phils are in the playoffs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to respond by email, so make sure yours is connected with your profile. : )