9.03.2010

It's that time of year again...

Do you know what this Saturday is??  If you live in the South and have ANY kind of awareness of the sports world, I am sure you know that it is the first weekend of COLLEGE FOOTBALL!

From now until the end of the year, 99% of the conversations among men in the South (and plenty of women too) will revolve around NCAA football.  They will talk about their teams and favorite players...who is looking good.... who is turning out to be a big disappointment... and so on.  In our house, the conversation mostly revolves around these two teams:




I will be cheering for the top team, and trying to teach A & M to say 'Roll Tide'.  I think they will eventually catch on...I mean, who wouldn't want to cheer for the 2009 National Champions??  Jeremy, bless his poor little lost soul, will be cheering for the bottom team and will try (unsuccessfully, I hope) to entice the girls to say 'War Eagle'.

Team rivalries aside, there is something about September and football season that makes me want to pull out my jeans and boots and leaves me longing for a pot of soup simmering on the counter.  Sounds great, right?  Did I mention it's STILL 95 DEGREES here?  That puts a bit of a damper on the jeans and hot soups.  (I guess I could do the boots with my shorts, but I might get a few looks!)

Jeremy and I were so excited at this time last year.  Watching football all day was something we could do pretty easily while taking care of two babies.  After working weekends for several years, Jeremy truly appreciates the luxury of being home to watch his team play.  Here are our littlest fans on the first Saturday of football season last year:

Are you ready??
For a little comparison, here they are in a similar position the other night...

DSC01395

Will you be watching any games this weekend?  What teams will you be pulling for? 

Next up:  football food...yumm!! 

6 comments:

  1. Aww...who drew the short bottle and had to wear the Auburn onesie? :) (They're both precious, even in AU gear!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're just Cowboys fans over at The Hutton House! I headed to ebay after looking at this post and saw this: http://cgi.ebay.com/Auburn-University-Girl-Cheerleading-Uniform-2T-3T-TWINS-/370426187790?pt=US_Baby_Toddler_Girls_Clothing&hash=item563f1f100e

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though we are diehard VOLUNTEER fans, you're girls looked super cute last year in their Bama and Auburn gear. Good luck this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy football.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay football. we actually got a babysitter so we could go to our home opener tomorrow :)

    and your pics from the previous post were just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so funny. That is exactly how our household is....DIVIDED!! Yes bless my poor heart to, I am 100% Auburn and my husband is Alabama. However, so far, I am winning on teaching Zoe War Eagle!!
    Too funny. Poor child, she is going to be so confused!! P.S. Tell Jeremy, we are in for a looooooonnnnngggg season, Auburn doesn't look to good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to respond by email, so make sure yours is connected with your profile. : )