- The video of Anderson Cooper losing it on his Ridiculist segment Wednesday night made me laugh until I cried. I think he's just adorable anyway, and the giggles? Irresistible. Last night, he laughed at himself and shared a couple of other on-air laughing fits. If you haven't seen it, watch it...it's an instant pick-me-up.
- I finally made these apple sandwiches from Pinterest (after locating the very last apple corer in town, I believe)...and they are awesome. I used dry oats instead of granola, and mine aren't nearly this pretty, but you get the idea.
- A couple of weeks ago, someone on my facebook changed her relationship status from 'married to [x]' to 'in a relationship with [y]'...as in, she went from a (several-year) marriage with one guy to a relationship with someone else! I just don't get it...yes, I understand that kind of thing happens all the time, but to broadcast it to facebook at large? Really? Some things are meant to be kept private.
- The morning temperatures were in the lower 60s here most of this week. The little hint of fall's arrival in the distant future got me all excited about crisp, cool temperatures, football, jeans and boots, and a crockpot full of soup. I can't wait for fall...I even went a little crazy and wore closed-toe shoes yesterday. (Of course, it's back to a heat index of 100 today, but it was nice while it lasted!) Are you looking forward to fall (if you're in the northern hemisphere, that is), or are you a summer-lover who hates to put away the flip-flops and tank tops?
- I rarely share videos, and here I am sharing two in one post, but I can't resist. Can you tell what movie the girls have been requesting lately? (You may have to turn the volume up to hear...I'm not sure why it was so quiet when I transferred it to the computer.)