I have found, though, that if I write about my list here (or if I keep it on my iPhone, where I have it with me all the time), I am at least a little more likely to refer back to it and remember what I wanted to do. And if I can remember what it is that I intend to do, I am surely more likely to actually do it. That's the theory, anyway.
So I am joining the ever-lovely and inspiring Marcia to talk about my monthly goals.
On the to-do list for August:
- Get everything priced and ready for a yard sale the first weekend in September. (I actually started this last night, but I have a long way to go!)
- Related: do a thorough purging of everything in our house that we don't want/need/use.
- Make shirts for the girls to wear when they go back to school. (I like to put them in monogrammed stuff the first couple of weeks to help their teachers learn to tell them apart.)
- Find a new dentist and make an appointment for Jeremy and myself.
- Paint the desk for my kitchen.
- Keep up with the laundry. This is by far the hardest thing for me to stay on top of, housekeeping-wise. All of our clean clothes are folded and put away at this moment, and I am feeling empowered to keep it that way.
- Walk at least 3-4 mornings a week.
- Go on an overnight trip to Atlanta with Jeremy to celebrate five years of marriage!
Look...it's on my phone now, so there's no backing down.
What's ahead for you this month? Write a post and link up so we can encourage each other!