2.14.2011

Sappiness

When Jeremy and I met over eight years ago, I knew he was going to play a big part in my life.  We were dating by the second week of my junior year of college, and we never looked back.


Back then, my list of reasons why I loved Jeremy would look something like this:
He's cute and dresses well (important stuff, you know?)... He loves sports, but loves me more and will always choose me... We have a lot of things in common... I can be my true self around him and he loves me anyway... He has a kind heart and loves to make people laugh... He doesn't do things to make me jealous like so many other college boys... and so on.  You know, the usual early-adulthood relationship stuff.

Eight and a half years and two kids later, my list looks quite different in ways I never even imagined. 


Now, I love my husband because:

With his girls, he shows a side I never even imagined he had.  While I lose my patience far too easily (especially in the middle of the night), Jeremy has a near-limitless supply of patience with them.  When I speak too harshly, he scoops them up and gently explains that it's bedtime and we all need to get some sleep so we can play the next day. 

He plays with a pink dollhouse without complaint.


Jeremy lets the girls help with every single task, even when it would be ten times quicker to distract them and finish quickly.  One of A & M's favorite activities is 'helping' their daddy make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  Just this weekend we noticed they were licking their play knife after making a sandwich in their little kitchen...just the way he lets them lick the jelly off when they make sandwiches.

He willingly spends his weekday off at home with the girls, so my mom can have a break.  Even after working all night, he gets up early to give the girls breakfast and get them dressed on school days, just to spend a little extra time with them.

He tries hard to match their clothes...even if he forgets to match the socks sometimes. 

When Jeremy can sense I am nearing the end of my (admittedly short) rope, he encourages me to escape to the bedroom for some rest or get out for awhile.

He is currently learning to do A & M's hair in pigtails...now that's love!

He is my partner through everything we face in life. We are young; we have a long way to go and I know it won't always be easy. It's a comfort to know that there is someone supporting me and our family 110%. We survived the days of newborn twins, so we ought to be able to do just about anything together!



Happy Valentine's Day, Jeremy!  Addison, Mackenzie, and I are so blessed to have you in our lives.  We love you!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Valentines Day! I have to admit for some reason your post made me cry :) Good cry though....it was sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing post.

    Happy Valentine's Day!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so right...your attractive qualities in a man certainly do change after having twins! Love this post...what a nice tribute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to respond by email, so make sure yours is connected with your profile. : )