8.09.2009

An easy, kid-friendly meal



Obviously, I don't cook meals for my girls yet, but in my family it has always been abou quick and easy. I am the first to admit I am not much of a cook, but I'm learning to branch out a little (homemade baby food post coming soon!). I plan to get into a routine of cooking at least 4-5 nights a week by the time the girls start eating meals with us.

Anyway, pizzaburgers have been one of my favorite "fun" meals since I was little. Now that I am making them myself, I appreciate how quick and simple they are to throw together. Here's what you'll need:

4 hamburger buns (will make 8 pizzaburgers)
1/4 lb. ground beef
small can tomato paste
1pkg. mozzerella cheese
chopped onions and bell peppers (optional)

Preheat oven to 350. Brown hamburger meat. Separate the tops and botoms of hamburger buns and spread a layer of tomato paste on each. Top with lots of cheese, and onions and peppers, if you're using them. Bake at 350 for about 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bread is slightly toasted. Goes great with potato chips and baked beans!

Another tip: I like to brown a pound or two of meat at a time, then separate it into smaller portions. I put them in ziploc bags, then freeze. When you're ready to use it, just toss the frozen meat in a skillet for a couple of minutes. It's great for something like this, or spaghetti sauce (you can put it in the sauce frozen and just let it thaw as the sauce cooks).

For more family recipes, check out today's blog at Multiples and More!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love to respond by email, so make sure yours is connected with your profile. : )