4.20.2010

Handprints

When we decided to use our tax refund to buy stainless appliances for the new house, I knew going in that the fingerprints would probably drive me insane.  I told myself I wouldn't let it bother me too much, and when I got too crazy over it, I'd just pull out the Windex and wipe it down.  (Ha!  Who has time to do that 15 times a day?)

To be honest, I thought Jeremy would be the one leaving prints all over...every time he opened the refrigerator or the dishwashwer, I just knew there would be new smudges everywhere.  Men don't usually pay a whole lot of attention to things like not wiping their fingers across the refrigerator door,  you know!

What I didn't consider was the smudges these two little-bitty girls would leave ALL OVER the bottom of all three appliances.  They love to sit in the kitchen floor and play, and they can't resist kissing their reflections in the surface of the fridge.  And you know what?  It just doesn't bother me all that much that my dishwasher looks like this:

Handprints

All too soon, those smudges will begin to move higher up, as they learn to stand, then open the fridge or the dishwasher to find what they're looking for.  Then, I can teach them how to Windex away their own fingerprints! 

I have many, many things to focus on that are so much more important than the streaks on my kitchen appliances.  For now, I find this little handprint kind of endearing.  I might even think it's sort of cute.

Handprints

8 comments:

  1. Oh the kitchen... why is that the funnest place in the house?? My appliances look just the same! I installed cabinet locks on the cabinet with the cleaning stuff, but I'm going to have to do the rest of them now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those little handprints!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG,I need to think twice because I want stainless steel appliances for Mother's Day,ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Embrace those sweet little handprints. I have stainless steel appliances and they drive us crazy too but I gave up trying to clean them off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how well I know those little handprits on the stainless steel appliances =) Pledge is a great cleaner when they finally start to drive you insane....or we have a cleaner for our granite countertop- Perfect Countertop- it also works wonders! But i agree that they are so cute =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah yes...the stainless steel handprint battle. We have that at our house too. I remember the first time the boys touched our hallway mirror and left little handprints. I did NOT want to clean them off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh it is cute!

    p.s. i will post one of these days about the pastor thing...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amiable post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to respond by email, so make sure yours is connected with your profile. : )