4.26.2010

Dear Avent, It's Over

Dear Avent,

This is a difficult thing to say (it's not...I'm totally lying), but our time together has come to an end.  It's been a lovely twelve-and-a-half months, and except for the occasional leakage, you have served us well. 


Avent, we have spent a lot of time together over this last year.  You've been right there when we needed you, eight times a day in the beginning, through all the late nights and early mornings.  I'm sure you noticed we've gradually spent less and less time together, but that's just a part of life. 

I hope you weren't too hurt that I cheered on the day Addison and Mackenzie learned to hold you and feed themselves.  It's not that I wanted to get away from you, it was just nice to have a hand free every once in awhile.  As much as we loved you, it sure was hard to hold two bottles at once!

As important as you've been in our day-to-day lives, the time has come for us to go our separate ways.  Don't bother begging me to take you back; I'm ready to reclaim my counter space.  If it's any comfort--it's not you, Avent; it's me. 

Someone else has come into our lives.  His name is Nuby, and he comes with a straw.  I figured it was better to tell you now, before you heard it from someone else.


Thanks for the memories, Avent.  I'm sure there's another baby out there waiting for you somewhere. 

Regards,
The H. Family

10 comments:

  1. LOL!! What a cute post!! I couldn't wait to get rid of those leaky bottles, too! Unfortunately, it meant that our babies are no longer babies :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny post! I was so glad when the Dr. Browns were put away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha....I know how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post!!! I was so happy to pack away the Avents as well. I think back to those days and can not believe how many bottles we prepared and fed every day - twelve. How did we survive it all Deanna?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who could resist the Nuby, so very pink and strawish? And with so many fewer parts to wash! (Usually.)

    Just wait until the girls can drink from regular, top-less cups. It will be like you died and went to heaven. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How I long to tell Avent that it's over! I'm so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, your post is very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL....I can't WAIT!!!! Very soon!!!! Man, ours leak ALL the time...so annoying!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very funny post! :) Your daughters are adorable!!! (Thank you for commenting on my "How did you get that name post" :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to respond by email, so make sure yours is connected with your profile. : )