2.18.2010

We're In!

Just over two months after packing up and moving out of the house we brought our babies home to, we are finally in our new home.  It feels so good to be able to settle in and know that we are going to be here for a (very) long time!  Things are coming along pretty well.  We were able to contain the girls long enough to get a lot of work done this weekend, though it took some creative measures at times.

Contained


Sharing


The house is pretty well in order, with the exception of the kitchen.  It's coming along slowly, but that's a job I have to do myself to get things just the way I want them.  Decorating is another story altogether.  We've got some things done, but there's a lot left to do.  I will have some pictures soon, and I may even ask for some input, as I am home-decor-challenged.  : )  I have a particularly hard time with curtains, but I have some ideas that I hope to get some time to work on soon.

Addison and Mackenzie are adjusting fairly well to their new room.  Mackenzie has not been sleeping as well as she normally does, but hopefully things are improving.  After sleeping through the night with very few exceptions over the last roughly 7 1/2 months, getting up to rock a baby multiple times a night gets rough!  Isn't it funny how quickly we forget how to survive on minimal sleep?  Ten months ago, just being up once or twice a night sounded heavenly. 

I was afraid her sleep issues might be related to teething or an ear infection, but I've seen no other signs related to either one.  Now I'm thinking maybe it's separation anxiety.  The pediatrician warned us that we might see anxiety begin to set in, and I've read that it happens frequently around 9 months--which is the babies' current adjusted age.  (Never mind that we are now in our third house in two months...)  Mackenzie is especially sensitive to where I am even while she's playing, and she fusses when I leave the room.  This new development is oddly sweet in some ways--she knows where I am and she wants ME specifically, awww--but it's also exhausting, and I could definitely do without the middle-of-the-night screaming.  Has anyone else dealt with separation anxiety at night?  I know she will grow out of it eventually, but if you have any tips, I'd love to hear them! 

hanging out

Watching Baby Einstein from their new favorite seat.

I might be having a little separation anxiety myself...I will be chaperoning our youth group to a conference on Saturday, and the babies will be spending the whole day with their daddy for the first time.  He is excited about spending 2-on-1 time with them, and I know they will have a good day hanging out together.  If I had to guess, I would say there will probably be a Reese's Blizzard from Dairy Queen involved at some point...which they definitely don't get when they spend the day with me!  I will miss the little bitties like crazy, since I will leave before they wake up and get home long after they go to bed.  And I will be spending the day with about 15 teenagers, so I am sure that getting back home to my sweet girls will be a relief--at least they don't have that teenage girl drama yet!!  (Oh, how I do NOT look forward to the early teen years with two girls...) 

Addison in a box

Happy Friday, everyone!!

4 comments:

  1. It's amazing how something as simple as a box or laundry basket can provide hours of entertainment. My boys are almost 2 and still enjoy it!

    Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them in the laundry basket!! Ava still wakes up at night some too. I would love tips :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures of them in the baskets! Wishing you lots of luck with the unpacking and arranging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Babies in a laundry basket is just too adorable!

    Glad you guys are settling in to your new house. Moving is so stressful; I could not even imagine moving with two little cuties.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to respond by email, so make sure yours is connected with your profile. : )