3.13.2009

Four More Weeks!

Wow...that sounds so close. At this point, I'm just hoping and praying we make it the next four weeks! At my NST yesterday, we discovered I was having contractions. I didn't feel anything, not even the Braxton-Hicks type I've been feeling every once in awhile! The girls did great for yesterday's testing, showing off their great movements and heart rates very quickly. It was pretty scary to hear the doctor say I was contracting, but she checked my cervix and decided I didn't need to go to the hospital at the moment. I started taking procardia, to hopefully stop the contractions, since they may have been triggered by the steroid shots earlier this week. It's just a little scary to know I was having contractions without even knowing it. I've been paying very close attention to my body since yesterday morning...trying not to worry, but of course that's much easier said than done. I can really tell the babies have dropped in the last week or so, and tonight I can feel a head (or other body part?) pressing on my left hip bone when I sit a certain way. It's still so strange to think there are two little beings in there, who are now fully formed and could theoretically be in my arms at almost any time (though hopefully not before April 10!). Isn't life amazing?
I am now under orders to begin "living a life of leisure" for the next couple of weeks, and to hang out on the couch a little more than usual. No more full days of work for me, though I plan to work a little next week to get things in order. It's strange to think of someone else having to cover my work for the next couple of months, and I want to tie everything up as neatly as possible for them. I have several projects to work on, but I'm so restless it's hard to focus on anything for more than a few minutes at a time. It's like my mind is going at three times the speed of my body lately (in case you can't tell by the disjointed tone of this post). I'm not sleeping well, and let me just tell you, nighttime tv pretty much stinks! I have seen more episodes of "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" in the last week than I have seen in probably two years. It's all about my body's preparation for newborns, right? In just FOUR WEEKS I will be quite busy in the middle of the night, with little time to sit and stare at the tv!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love to respond by email, so make sure yours is connected with your profile. : )