3.08.2011

Around here

Lately, around here...
  • We have been battling the various sicknesses trying to take over our family.  Addison has had a cough for the last week and a fever and runny nose on and off for days.  Mackenzie started the coughing this weekend, so they both went to the doctor yesterday and came home with lots of prescriptions.  I am feeling pretty rough today, but I'm not out of commission yet!
  • My mom had to take them to the doctor because I was giving a midterm in the college course I teach and Jeremy was in bed with a stomach virus.  It was not the best of days, to say the least.
  • Thankfully, my sister has been in town and was able to help quite a bit.  (Thanks again, LJ!!)  Having her home for an unexpected long weekend has been fun, but it makes me even sadder that she won't be moving closer to home when she graduates in May.  She is doing something big and amazing with her life, though, and I am so, so proud of her.
  • Laura and I were able to get out Saturday night for a late movie and some girl time.  We saw The Adjustment Bureau, and we might both be a little in love with Matt Damon now.  : )  Before that, we enjoyed a yummy dinner and dessert with Jeremy, making Saturday a pretty great day, come to think of it!
  • I am trying hard to take note of all the glorious signs of spring popping up around us--buttercups, Bradford Pear trees, and tulip trees are all in bloom here in north Alabama--and even though we are in the middle of a rainy, cold snap, I am reminded that better days are on the way.
  • We are doing a bit of party planning for a certain birthday party coming up soon.  Can my baby girls really be only a few weeks away from TWO?  Crazy, I tell you.  I am not as on-the-ball with the party planning as I was last year, but I know we will have a great time celebrating with friends and family. 
So, what have you been up to lately??

4 comments:

  1. We are also the house of fever and coughing. I'm on hold waiting for the receptionist to make an appt with the doc for the babies....

    So tell us more about your sister's big plans :)

    And I forgot about your fabulous party last year - I still LOVE that donation idea. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Growing up, I always wanted to be a college professor! Maybe someday ;) We saw The Adjustment Bureau on Monday! LOVED it and LOVED him, too! Hope everyone is feeling better soon! We have coughs over here, but luckily nothing more has come of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope everyone feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is a tulip tree? I've never heard of that, but I'm completely intrigued!

    That does not sound like the best day for a midterm...for serious.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to respond by email, so make sure yours is connected with your profile. : )