- We have been battling the various sicknesses trying to take over our family. Addison has had a cough for the last week and a fever and runny nose on and off for days. Mackenzie started the coughing this weekend, so they both went to the doctor yesterday and came home with lots of prescriptions. I am feeling pretty rough today, but I'm not out of commission yet!
- My mom had to take them to the doctor because I was giving a midterm in the college course I teach and Jeremy was in bed with a stomach virus. It was not the best of days, to say the least.
- Thankfully, my sister has been in town and was able to help quite a bit. (Thanks again, LJ!!) Having her home for an unexpected long weekend has been fun, but it makes me even sadder that she won't be moving closer to home when she graduates in May. She is doing something big and amazing with her life, though, and I am so, so proud of her.
- Laura and I were able to get out Saturday night for a late movie and some girl time. We saw The Adjustment Bureau, and we might both be a little in love with Matt Damon now. : ) Before that, we enjoyed a yummy dinner and dessert with Jeremy, making Saturday a pretty great day, come to think of it!
- I am trying hard to take note of all the glorious signs of spring popping up around us--buttercups, Bradford Pear trees, and tulip trees are all in bloom here in north Alabama--and even though we are in the middle of a rainy, cold snap, I am reminded that better days are on the way.
- We are doing a bit of party planning for a certain birthday party coming up soon. Can my baby girls really be only a few weeks away from TWO? Crazy, I tell you. I am not as on-the-ball with the party planning as I was last year, but I know we will have a great time celebrating with friends and family.
Lately, around here...