1.08.2010

Nine Months

Nine months old!!

As usual, the last month has flown by and has been even more fun than the ones before it.  It was a big month for all of us-we moved for the first time as a family of four, with another move coming up soon.  It is wonderful to be back in Scottsboro, where I am 5 minutes from work in the mornings, rather than 45.  My mom and lots more familiy are only minutes away as well, which is convenient when I need to run to the grocery store or when I'm on the verge of a mental breakdown.  : )  The babies adjusted amazingly well to all the changes.  We had a couple of nights of rough bedtimes, but they were back to normal after just a few days and are now as happy as ever! 

9 months
Speaking of bedtime, it has gotten earlier and earlier over the last several weeks.  Bedtime used to be around 7:30...we would have a bottle beginning at 7:00, then go to bed after that.  For the last two weeks or so, bedtime has become as early as 6:00 on some nights!  Thankfully, both Addison and Mackenzie still sleep until 6:00-6:45 in the morning.  I guess they are just needing more sleep these days.  I'm okay with it-I have a little more time to myself in the evenings and can still get to bed early myself.

big girls

Both girls are doing great and growing right on schedule!  They are eating LOTS of different foods now and even had their first grilled cheese when we went out to eat on Sunday.  They both liked it, and Mackenzie ate an entire half...minus the crust!  Bottles are suddenly the less-preferred method of nourishment around here, although the pediatrician wants to keep them taking in 20-24 ounces a day.  Their measurements looked good at the checkup this month...both are between the 19th and 23rd percentiles for height and weight, based on actual age.  Addison weighs 17 lbs, 5 oz and is 26 inches long.  Mackenzie weighs 17 lbs even and is 26 1/4 inches long.  Such big girls!

sissy love

I'm working on a post for each baby individually, detailing her personality and things going on in her life at 9 months, so hopefully I will get those finished soon.  I'm also beginning to think about their birthday party coming up in only three months!!  Have you seen any cute parties or themes lately??  I'm on the lookout for ideas.

4 comments:

  1. I am in the same boat. I have been looking all over the internet for cute birthday ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 9 months! Your girls are gorgeous! And yea for early bedtimes. We have a 630 bedtime here too (mine are 22 months) and it rocks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look so big. God bless them.

    What are you looking for their birthday?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie- I don't really know what exactly I'm wanting to do or what I'm looking for yet. I'm hoping it will be warm enough to have their party in the backyard at our new house, but it's early April, so who knows what the weather will be. I'm just gathering ideas right now. : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to respond by email, so make sure yours is connected with your profile. : )