5.12.2008

Randomness

A random collection of thoughts from the past couple of days:

1. Jeremy's off days have officially changed starting this week. He will now be off on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, which is great because he can come to church again (which has been difficult since it's now about 40 minutes away) and we get to spend the entire day together on Sundays. It's been awhile since we've had that and I am really looking forward to it.

2. I am having dinner with wonderful college roommates next week. We don't live far apart now, but still don't see each other as often as we should. I am looking forward to catching up with them.

3. I am also looking forward to my sister coming home for a few days before she begins her summer beach mission. I am unbelievably proud of her. : ) I was hoping we could get to a Braves game while she's home, but it's a little uncertain at the moment. I'm trying to think of something else fun for us to do without having to go far to do it, in case the game doesn't work out.

4. Jeremy's birthday is coming up in just over a week, and I have no idea what to get him! He mentioned golf clubs, but I have no idea about golf clubs, and I would really like for his present to be a surprise. I have something in mind, so we'll see...

5. I am hooked on salads lately, which is very strange for me. Sounds like a good habit to take up, though, right? I am thinking a Zaxby's "zalad" may be in order for lunch today.

6. There was a great article on my most favorite professor (and former employer!) in the Huntsville Times yesterday. Dr. Hawk is such an inspiring lady, and is quite possible the most intelligent person I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. She's an amazing teacher, researcher, mother, wife, and soldier, and I am thankful and relieved for her safe return to UAH.

That's about all I have for now. I have been drained of virtually all energy for the past week or so, and I spent the weekend trying to catch up. I am looking forward to a lighter load this week, and to spending a little more time with my husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love to respond by email, so make sure yours is connected with your profile. : )