5.27.2008

Memorial Day Weekend

I just love long weekends, but it is so hard to come back to work. This Memorial Day weekend was a good one. Laura and I set out for Atlanta Saturday morning. I knew we had landed some pretty good tickets in the field level section, but I did not realize quite how good our seats really were until I printed them out Saturday morning. We were on the 7th row, just past first base! Needless to say, we were a couple of very excited girls when we saw where we would be sitting. This is the view from our seats to home plate (during batting practice):





(Please excuse the poor quality of the pictures...naturally, I forgot the camera, so these are from my cell phone.)
We had a great time, and it was great to be so close to all the action! Unfortunately, Jeremy had to work and did not get to come. He is just not as thrilled as we are, since he had to miss out this time. We got a little sunburned (it's HOT sitting on the field level without any shade!), but ultimately, I think it was worth it.

The rest of the weekend was fairly quiet. We had dinner with family on Sunday, then went to a campground in Guntersville with Jeremy's family yesterday. It was a relaxing start to the summer, and I am already looking forward to next Monday's holiday!
I will end with one more picture from the game, with a couple of my favorite players:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love to respond by email, so make sure yours is connected with your profile. : )