3.17.2010

Wishlist Wednesday


I'm playing along with Jennifer for Wishlist Wednesday this week.  Since I'm consumed with getting the house in order before the birthday party on April 10, my "wishes" this week are things I would like to have for the house.

We've been able to get a lot done on the house (pictures coming soon...really!), but one thing I am not completely happy with is our living room.  It's kind of an odd shape/layout, so it's been hard to make our furniture work.  (hmm...maybe I should post pictures and ask for ideas...).  I've got it set up so that it works for now, but I'm not sure what I will do in the long run. 

That said, the top item on my wishlist this week is a new tv stand.  The one we have is a few years old, and when we got our new tv last year, we realized we needed a larger one.  So, here's the old one:


I want something a little more substantial, with doors to hide the dvd player and the Wii from little hands.  I would love a piece like this one, from Ballard Designs:
I could also make a dresser-type piece work, such as this one from Pottery Barn:


Of course, what I would like and what I can afford are two very different things, as is often the case.  : )  I will probably settle for something from a more affordable location.  I've been keeping an eye out for a cheap dresser I might could convert myself, but I haven't come across it yet (and in all actuality, that sounds like a lot of work!). 

Addison would like to throw a wish in for today's list.  She wishes that the knot on her head heals before 1-year pictures on April 3!!  She fell off the couch on Monday and got the colorful golf-ball-size bump she's sporting for awhile.

Surely it will be gone in two weeks, right?

5 comments:

  1. I love that entertainment stand from ballard designs! I have many pieces from there on my running furniture wishlist I've been keeping on myregistry.com. I started it about 2 years ago and slowly but surely we have been replacing the worn out furniture in our house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a big fan of TV stands with drawers. Actually, I'm a big fan of anything with drawers. Anything I can shove stuff into and then slam shut is something I can get behind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, poor Addison.

    Wonderful list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, poor thing! At least she didn't knock her teeth out. I'll never forget our old neighbors that had twin girls. One of them had knocked her front teeth out falling on the ceramic tile floor in their kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a buffet table as a tv stand. It is long enough to fit the tv, and tall enough to keep tiny prying hands from, you know, prying. :) the girls are three now and can still barely reach what's on top!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to respond by email, so make sure yours is connected with your profile. : )