- My spring semester is finally finished and officially closed out. Now I'm starting the hard part of getting ready for summer...with an entirely new textbook. The next several weeks could get a little stressful, but I'm trying to keep in mind that the stress now will only make fall that much easier.
- We are really beginning to feel the late spring/summer attitudes taking over. Trips are being planned, activities scheduled, and we are all dreaming of the beach. Unfortunately, our beach vacation isn't until September again (although it's worth the wait because that is the absolute best time to go, in our humble opinions!). For a few minutes earlier this week, I thought we might be able to sneak away for a last-minute trip next week, but we couldn't swing it this time. So we will wait until September and plan lots of other fun in the meantime. I, for one, can't WAIT to return to my most favorite amusement park ever one weekend soon!
- Jeremy has a work trip in Nashville next month and I am tagging along for a few days. I am thinking of bringing the girls up for last part of the week (after I've had a couple of glorious days and nights of doing nothing at all). Suggestions for fun kid things in Nashville?
- My sister and I saw The Great Gatsby Sunday night. That was my Mother's Day request, and it was an excellent one. I may repeat that idea next year. : ) LJ and I thought the movie was pretty fantastic. I am not usually a big fan of Leonardo DiCaprio, but he was perfect as Gatsby. And I think maybe he's looking better with age? Why do so many men have that luxury? I am a big fan of Carey Mulligan, and I enjoyed her portrayal of Daisy. I have read the book twice, but it's been years, so I had forgotten a lot of the plot. I did catch one of my favorite quotes at the end: "They were careless people, Tom and Daisy--They smashed up things and people and then retreated back into their money...." I recommend the movie...and reading the book first, of course!
- On a long day at home a few weeks ago, I started showing the girls how to cross their eyes. Addison picked it up pretty quickly and has been freaking Jeremy out with her "trick" ever since (he can't stand to watch anyone do it!). Mackenzie couldn't quite do it, but she'd try and try, opening her eyes as wide as they'd go, and making me crack up every time. This past week, she finally got the hang of it, and spent most of dinner the other night making J groan. Isn't she classy?
How is your week going so far?