12.18.2012

Holiday Menu Planning

I don't normally put a whole lot of thought into the meals we eat around the holidays, but this year, Jeremy and I are more interested in food and cooking than ever before.  We are having Christmas morning at our house for the first time this year--a gathering that has always been at my mom's.  I feel like I should contribute a little more than usual in that area, which requires some planning.  And we are having Jeremy's parents and sister over on the Sunday before Christmas, which adds one more meal into the mix.

Here's what I have in mind:

Sunday, December 23:  Christmas with Jeremy's family

Smoked ham (J will do this during the day)
Potato Salad (made by my MIL)
Green Bean Casserole (made by my SIL)
Macaroni and Cheese (Largely for A & M)
Stuffed Eggs
Green Vegetable--maybe asparagus or brussels sprouts?
Rolls
Chocolate Trifle

Christmas Eve:  Christmas with my Dad 
*If we get together with my Dad at his house, which now seems likely, I'll fix the soup anyway and we will have it for supper.

White Chicken Chili (awesome crockpot recipe I need to share!)
Assorted toppings:  shredded cheese, sour cream, corn chips
A dessert, most likely provided by my stepmom

Christmas Day:  Breakfast/Brunch with my Mom and family

Breakfast casserole (likely one with eggs, so I don't feel like I have to scramble more)
Sausage stars
Biscuits and/or toast
Leftover smoked ham
Warm Strawberry Compote
Coffee

Have you planned your meals for next week?  Anyone have a great vegetable or baked mac n' cheese recipe to share?

Happy one-week-til-Christmas! 

After the Christmas program at school

1 comment:

  1. gurl! i try to plan my recipes all of the time. i'm not one of those "this-has-to-be-on-that-day" types, but i have a list on the fridge of all of the stuff that we're prepared to make and then go from there. :)

    we made these last year and they were awesome: http://www.cookinglight.com/entertaining/holidays-occasions/vegetable-recipes-thanksgiving-00412000073388/page3.html

    and this is my fave mac and cheese recipe of all time:
    http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/creamy-four-cheese-macaroni-10000000222589/

    :) see...ask about food and i can come out of the woodwork.

    i also read gone girl...i was totally dissapointed in the ending. have i mentioned that to you yet? i'm currently reading kitchen counter cooking school. it's slow going, but pretty good! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to respond by email, so make sure yours is connected with your profile. : )