5.09.2012

A few things making me happy right now...

  • The fact that I posted final grades for spring semester today.  I taught a new course this semester, so it was a busy one for me.  The next few should be much better, but I am most certainly looking forward to the break in the next couple of weeks.
  • A big stack of new books to read.  Since I've been reviewing for TLC Book Tours, I receive a book every week or so.  I love opening the mailbox to find a package waiting for me.
  • Spring clothes:  dresses, skirts, sandals...bring it on!
  • Veronica Mars on SoapNet.  I watched the first few episodes on Netflix several months ago, right up until they took it off the instant list.  I was HOOKED, and to say I was excited to see it again is an understatement.  Even Jeremy is hooked on it, and we are having a blast catching up on all the week's episodes every weekend.
  • My hilarious, goofy, noisy, and energetic girls.  They are SO funny lately; I feel like I should carry a notebook around 24/7 to record all the things they say.  Hanging out with them is the absolute highlight of my day.
And yes, today, this makes me very happy:



I know there are many who disagree, and I do understand some reservations, but at heart, this quote from President Obama sums up a lot of my feelings on the issue:

“The thing at root that we think about is, not only Christ sacrificing himself on our behalf, but it’s also the golden rule — you know, treat others the way you would want to be treated,” he said. “And I think that’s what we try to impart to our kids, and that’s what motivates me as president.”  (Source)

For me, that's what it's all about.

What is making you happy this week?

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful list, Deanna!

    I'm happy about such pretty weather, and girls who are pretty easy to get out-and-about with...I just love our daily adventures...even if sometimes we don't even leave the house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list. I read somewhere a quote that people shouldn't have to work for rights... that's why they are called 'rights'. Couldn't agree more!

    I'm always looking for new things to watch... perhaps I'll have to give Veronica Mars a shot.

    And, I jot things down in the notes function of my phone to keep up with the funny things my girls say (and I still find myself trying to remember some of the ones that happen when I don't have a chance to do so)! Kids say such funny things!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to respond by email, so make sure yours is connected with your profile. : )