6.01.2012

State of Affairs, May Edition

First of all, how is it possible that May is over already?  This month flew by!

Outings
We took the girls to Chattanooga to A Day Out with Thomas, which was a fun adventure for all of us.  It is SO nice to be able to get out and go with the girls without a huge production.  Outings like these are the ones I always imagined having with my little family, and I intend to enjoy the heck out of these days.

Building Bears

Thanks to a sick day and a vacation day, I ended up being off work for five days over the Memorial Day holiday.  We spent Friday at the mall with the girls, visiting Build-a-Bear and hanging out in the play area.  Addison & Mackenzie went to spend the night with Jeremy's parents while the two of us enjoyed a nice dinner and walked around the outdoor shopping center.  It was a nice and much-needed date night.

Fishing buddies

Later in the weekend we spent the afternoon at a nearby campground with some of Jeremy's family.  The highlight of the girls' weekend?  Trying out their brand-new pink fishing poles!

Books read:  5
The Age of Miracles--LOVED this book.  Full review coming soon!

The Guest Book--I liked this one well enough.  It's light and well-written, perfect for a summer weekend.

The Anti-Romantic Child-- Despite a few initial misgivings, this is one of the best memoirs I've read.  So yeah, I very much enjoyed it.

First Date--Another light and fun summer read.  Kind of a teenage take on The Bachelor, except much more interesting (to me anyway...I hate reality tv!).  Just cute and fun.

Saving Ruth--This one fits into that all-too-small college/young adult genre, and I liked it quite a bit.  Set in summertime Alabama, it was a fitting accompaniment to this 90-degree week.  Full review to come.

Music
Oh, you know, the usual.  I got a speaker-dock thing (very technical term there!) for my iPhone for Mother's Day, and we have been blasting a wide variety of Pandora stations at all hours of the day.  I am loving my 90's pop station while showering and the girls love to have a "dance party" to anything I play for them.
Crafts/Projects
I was woefully uncreative this month, but I did get the playroom cleaned up and reorganized last weekend while A & M were still at their grandparents'.  Thanks to Jeremy's shelf-assembly skills, there is plenty of toy storage, and the room is finally starting to see some action.
Notables
This month we finally bit the bullet and ditched the cribs.  The experience so far has been better than I dared to hope, and I love seeing my babies crawl up in bed and snuggle under the covers like such big girls!  

Jeremy turned the big 3-0 on May 22.  I won't say much about that, since my turn is coming up this Sunday!  : )  Happy Birthday, J!  I think our next 30 years are going to be pretty awesome.  

Did May treat you well?

3 comments:

  1. Glad you are enjoying more outings... they are a GREAT age! And happy almost birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great month!!! I wish our move out of cribs was going as well. Hopefully they will get used to not getting out of bed and playing soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds awesome :)

    and love these state of affairs posts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to respond by email, so make sure yours is connected with your profile. : )